Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And now panic!

I thought that registering and sorting out the payment last night meant that I had a place on M362. And then I checked my StudentHome page this morning - they are waiting for the return of the registration documents before I have a place on the course. Except that obviously I haven't received the registration documents, and even if I had, there is no way that I could get them returned by the end of today.

Panic.

I phoned the Regional Office for guidance. They gave me the phone number of the OU Registration Services. I telephoned and explained my predicament. It looks like I am going to be OK because I have at least registered before the cut-off date (today), but my application is not yet complete. I am not going to know for sure until after Christmas.

I have to wonder why that is not made clear when registering online. Even the email that the OU sent out November simply states that the closing date for enrolment is 22nd December for all students and nothing about allowing several days after registering for the application to complete. If we assume (dangerous!) that it takes one week for the letter to come out, get signed, and then returned, then the OU should close the online registration on 15th December at the latest and not the 22nd.

Oh well, fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a message on StudentHome today that this deadline has been extended to 6th Jan due to the adverse weather, so hopefully you will be ok! :)

Simon said...

Hi Anna, Yes - I've seen the same message so what with that and the conversation I had with the Resgitration people I am now hopefull.

nilo de roock said...

I thought that I was the only one with problems like this. We'll be OK,though. You have until the 13th to wrap up the registration.
I could and would have registered earlier but only after I had the exam result. That didn't leave much time for registration.

Blog Watch